U.S. $

The U.S. $$ has been going down like a rock in a pond. The price decline versus the other major currencies since 2010 has been unprecedented.

Markets, including currencies, do not zig and zig and zig... they zig and zag.  I don't know exactly when the US$ will find a bid, but I do think it will happen relatively soon.  The End of the World is not upon us - yet.

----------------------------------------------


Just because I think the US$ and the world are not coming to and end doesn't mean that I think our system won't grind average "Joe" into the muck and mire - I do think that. My response is is to not be "Joe"; its still good to be King, however you define that, and its more fun, too.

--------------------------------------------

Osama Bin-Laden Dead. Even with my rock hard belief in the sanctity of Life, I am having a hard time feeling that this killing was wrong. I did not lose any friends or family on 9/11 but I knew many of the people that died in the Towers from my time working in the Securities industry. I hope that their families, and all of those killed by al-Queda and like minded organizations experience a bit of closure in this.

Of course, there will be consequences; unintended consequences. Killing will always beget more killing. The execution of Bin Laden will result in the ambush of American service personnel in Afghanistan. Somewhere in America, there is a mother who may be celebrating Osama's death... only to receive a knock on her door from a military chaplain and a Major General... and an American flag.

Still, my sense is that Bin Laden had worn out his welcome on this earth... and to our intelligence agencies and the military's credit, a message has been delivered, Israeli style, to those who would commit mass murder of innocents. Rot in H***.

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain

Yours for a better world,

Greg