Oil, Silver, Markets in General

The bloom is off the rose in commodities for a while... Oil might be the only commodity to hold up reasonably well, and then again it might not. I am not long Oil yet, but I do like buying the drillers and Oil services when they are getting beaten up. While AVERAGE Oil prices may have ceiling to them, I think that the ceiling is MUCH, MUCH higher in the budgets of the producers for spending on production and exploration... at least that has been the case for the past 5 years where the Oil service industry revenue has DOUBLED but the equites have not budged.

In short, for investors (as opposed to traders) I think energy equities will outperform Oil for a while.  And one day, Nat Gas will outperform them all - and I am working on which day.

The easy money in shorting silver has been made... I still think it is going down, but there can be painful rallies if you are caught short. Best to short rallies and miss opportunities, me thinks. On Gold - I have no opinion.

Remember, there is a big difference between the short and long term. I made that critical mistake and missed one of the biggest rallies ever in the equity markets. There is also a big difference between a "trader" and an "investor". Traders buy "green" and sell "red"; investors buy "low" and sell "high" - there are several world's of difference between the 2.