Short and Long Term

There is a big difference between the short and the long term. And it helps to have definitions.

Long term ALL paper currencies are doomed. DOOMED. 10 - 20 years out, I think the US$ and the rest of the major currencies will be FUBAR. What's that have to do with 6 months from now?

There are battles, and then there's the war. In chess we have a open/beginning game, mid game, and an end game.

There is "survive" and then there is flourish. There is a great deal one can do to help themselves flourish before the end game.

Like... sell silver and use the down payment for a homestead.  Someone who bought just 1000 ounces of Silver back a few years ago when I first started writing about it would now have enough to put 20% down on a homestead and have enough left over to provision it.  They would also have the luxury of time to adjust to their new life style (because it takes some getting used to).

I bought my homestead with the proceeds of my Oil trades over the last decade. I PUT my money where my mouth is. I DO think that the homestead was the right investment (though I would like more land and a bigger house). And still I think commodities will break big at some point before they become the only investment worth owning (and not just precious metals.... and of course, I could be wrong).

Silver has become dear, and homesteads are cheap.

----------------------------------------------

On my pet peeve against sports related injuries....

The report is in on Dave Duerson's brain: "moderately advanced" CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) is the diagnosis. If you have children, I hope you will reconsider sports like football and boxing (guilty on both accounts). Heck, not reconsider... I hope will NOT consider these sports whatsoever. Going through life with undiagnosed brain damage from something you did as a kid is just unacceptable. We can't change the past, whatever you did is done... but we don't have to do this to our children... and no amount of denial from the NFL or the UFC or the Nevada bBoxing Commission is going to put the shaving cream back in the can.

The end of the Oil Age is upon us. Sports injuries (WTF??) have NO PLACE in your child's future.

------------------------------------------------

I wonder what the feminist/abortion rights folks make of this unintended consequence.

------------------------------------------------

I added to certain energy equities today... but I am flat Oil.