Blowback

The CIA uses the term "Blowback" to describe the unintended consequences that result when groups or nations that have been dealt with coercively respond with violence in return.

I have no idea what the facts are in the case of the shooting of a Police Officer at Virginia Tech University yesterday... but a thought was nagging at the back of my mind...

I am continually surprised that the police officers involved in the killing of civilians are not then subjected to vendettas and revenge. Police kill people in no-knock raids, traffic stops of unarmed people ("the car was a weapon"), and other encounters... have not then been subject to violent response from the victim's family. I am astounded, frankly.

When I heard this story, well, I am interested to hear what the facts are. This is probably not the case here... but it is only a matter of time before the father/brother/son of one of these police killing victims settles the score the old fashioned way.