Standing in Front of Freight Trains (and other stupid ideas)

Fighting a market is a lot like standing in front of a freight train.  I am far more sympathetic to dopes that say things like "if it goes there it will go there without me"... mostly because I have been dopey enough to have said that once or twice.

Insisting that the very volatile market's like Silver, Oil, Nat Gas... are all wrong... can lead to some painful losses and missed opportunities.  I say this because while a future correction might prove you right in the long run... markets can remain irrational FAR LONGER than you can remain solvent (or even alive).

I was speaking to one of my trader buddies in New York yesterday... I knew things were going wrong when he told me "this doesn't make sense"... sure it does... when a market is going against you in a powerful way, it is usually because the market feels or knows something that YOU are missing.  Calling tops (or bottoms, though bottoms are somewhat easier) in powerfully moving markets is a good way to find employment in another field (would you like some ketchup with those fries?).

The markets don't give a good %$&# what you or I think.

That said, Oil did not break today... the melt up is on, at least for another day.