U.S. Oil Imports continue their Decline in 2010

Before moving onto the U.S. Oil import data...

As many of you know I am an avid gardener (one of my best friends calls me a "rabid gardener") Weeds are the bane of gardening. Last year I had a pretty good harvest, but in the end the weeds got the better of me and by the end of September this 80' by 180' garden plot was choked with weeds and garden plants that had been picked over. I did not relish coming back to that in the Spring... So I met another gardener/small holder on line... and she said she never had a problem with weeds in her half acre garden anymore because she kept pigs in the garden over the winter. SO..... What did I have to lose? (BTW... within 1 year a pig will weigh over 400 lbs; our Wilber is roughly 450. Some people don't eat meat or do not eat pork for religious reasons. That does not mean one cannot employ a pig to eat all of the roots and weed seeds in your garden).

To make a long story short, we employed "Wilber" to work the garden over the winter...

click to enlarge

As you can see it looks like it has been plowed and tilled by a tractor.

--------------------------------------------


In case anybody was wondering...

Oil imports into the U.S., for the period 1/1/2010 - 3/12/2010 show a decline of just over 7% when compared to the same period in 2009 (last 4 weeks average was down 7.7%).

Right on schedule.