BP WILL SURVIVE

My bet is that BP will survive. The company is just too important to the UK pension system, and is fairly important to various state pension systems here in the U.S.

This has been my position, but it is nice to see that others are recognizing the effects of demonizing a multi-national company of BP prominence. What's to stop another blow out in an Exxon or Chevron or Conoco well? Want to put them out of business, too?

Really? 90% of the world's Oil reserves are held by state owned Oil companies... Saudi Aramco et al. Look before you leap.

This is not recommendation to buy BP' stock. I said they would probably survive... I didn't say at what price.

I like Ag commodities, Farm Land, short term treasury paper and energy equities. Still have my precious metals... but that can go either way.